Monday, February 16, 2009

Confessions: Sneaker Edition

I love sneakers (check the title of this online journal). I always have. I always will.

I remember how excited I would get when the Eastbay came in the mail. I would spend hours going over all of the shoes that I wanted and ways to get my parents to buy them for me.

With that said, I have a confession to make...... I have owned some of the WORST sneakers of all time.
Take a look at some of the sneakers in my closet of shame...










Exhibit 1: Jordan 11 low in black and red

These weren't exactly my fault. I wanted the highs but they sold out before I could talk my dad into buying them for me. He got me the lows to make up for it......obviously he only made matters worse. I hated these shoes then and they make me cringe now.




Exhibit 2: The Kobe IIs aka the Moon Boot.





I fell victim to the hype with these. It was basketball season my junior year of high school and the boys team was getting them as one of their team shoes (our high school had an Adidas sponsorship). So when it came time for me to pick a shoe to hoop in, I picked the Kobe II. It was big. And bulky. And heavy. And stiff. Bad pick, Ainslee.







Exhibit 3: The (original) Master P


Arguably the worst shoe ever made. I don't know what I was thinking. I asked for them before I ever saw them and when they arrived......yeah. It was this freaky shoe-in-shoe combination...with the inner shoe being like a fitted water shoe/sock thing. Now I realize that it wasn't even realized by a legit shoe company....just "Master P" kinda like the "Shaqs" now. And to make matters worse, I had the blue and orange pair so mine were like 12 times uglier than the ones pictured here.






We've all had wack shoes in our closet. I'm just the first to admit it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always liked those Kobe's… never had em tho. Remind me of Marvin The Martian joints.

Phella said...

You ma'am are a brave lady. The Kob's made me literally laugh out loud. I wanted them in all yellow so bad. Thank God I never copped.

6S said...

Running while wearing Kobe IIs is like running with cement blocks on your feet.

They look like they should make a cool air release sound when you take them off.....they don't.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm really into shoes and I was looking as far as something that particular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are all over 190 dollars on every site. But definitively I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices for the velcros were around 300 dollars on every page. But finally I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that exact make. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 240 dollars on every page. But for all I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that exact model. The prices seeking the sneakers were about 300 bucks on every site. But definitively I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that singular model. The prices seeking the shoes were approximately 310 bucks on every site. But for all I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.