Friday, January 2, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

After deciding not to go out for New Year's Eve, I booked a hotel room with some leftover Starwood points I had. I spent the evening in solitude, ordered room service, read for my CFA, and relaxed.

12am: Watched the ball drop in Times Square.

12:30am: laid down to go to sleep

2:12am: phone rings; I send the call to voicemail.

2:13am: phone rings; I answer.

Apparently my 86 year old great-uncle and his 76 year old wife went to a NYE party. She had been drinking. She drove. She hit a car in a gas station. That car happened to be an unmarked RTA police car. The officer gets out of his vehicle and shots her tire out. She hits another car. The real police get flagged down. She is arrested.

I have to go pick up my uncle and bail her out of jail.

She's so drunk she was throwing up, refused to get finger printed, wouldn't take her mug shot, and was passed out by the time we got to the police station.

Keep in mind that I had picked up my brand new car the day before. I don't like her and I had decided that if she threw up in my whip, I was going to put her out on the side of the road.

Luckily she didn't. I got them home safely. She reimbursed me for the bail money. I got back to my hotel room around 5am.

So much for a peaceful, rested night.

Happy new year to me.

2 comments:

6S said...

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that I got stuck in the elevator when I finally got back to the hotel. I had to use the emergency phone so someone could come let me out.

Anonymous said...

Un.be.lievable.

Wow. 1 for the books huh lol