Saturday, December 6, 2008

Jilly From Philly

I'm sitting here watching Dave Chappelle's Block Party on FUSE and just thought "I wish I was deep like Jill Scott". I remember back in high school I would listen to "He Loves Me (Lyzel In E Flat)" repeatedly and wonder if that was what love was really like; b/c if it was.... I wanted in. (It certainly doesn't hurt that Big Homie* included the song at the tail-end of Dangerously In Love during The Beyonce Experience tour.)

So smooth... so comfortable in her own skin... so D.O.P.E.

Below are some of my favorite video clips. (I apologize for the girl going off when Yonce* makes the song transition but it's the best clip I could find that wasn't stupid long.)






*Beyonce' Knowles will always be referred to as "Big Homie" or simply "Yonce".

No comments: